Turning Guest Access on for a Learn course allows anyone to view it, even if they are not enrolled in the course. They can download files and read news and discussion posts, but they are unable to post to forums, upload assignments or take quizzes. Generally a password is set unless you are happy for anyone in the world to potentially have access to the course.
To turn Guest access on:
- Go to your course and from the top menu choose: Course Administration > Edit Settings
- Look for the heading Guest access (If you don't see the heading, log a job
through Assyst to have it added)
- Under Guest access set Allow Guest Access to 'Yes'
- To enable a password (optional) enter a password in the Password field
- Go to the bottom of the page and click Save
For anyone to access the course they will need to log in as a guest, and if set, enter the password. The Log in as a guest option will appear at the bottom of the login options when they try to access the course.