Site news

UC Student Exchange

Picture of Brian Hainsworth
UC Student Exchange
by Brian Hainsworth - Friday, 10 August 2018, 1:00 PM

Do your OE with UC!

The UC Student Exchange programme gives you a unique opportunity to study at one of UC’s 60+ partner universities worldwide, as part of your UC degree. See how UC made Rachel’s Parisian dream come true.

Rachel Liao, undertaking an Exchange to Sciences Po Paris in September 2018.

Rachel Liao, undertaking an Exchange to Sciences Po Paris in September 2018.

UC Student Exchange 

With UC Student Exchange programme, you can choose to study for either a semester or a year in some amazing locations, from Beijing, Singapore, Spain and France to the UK, USA and many more. 

If you are interested in doing your OE with UC in Semester 2 2019, it is not too late to apply! The application deadline is 1 September if you need help with your application, please come and see us at our Drop-in Sessions. See schedule on the UC Student Exchange programme web page. 

Why go on an exchange?

• Pay tuition fees to UC, get an international experience
  • Travel and see new places
  • Get credit applied to your UC degree (subject to approvals from appropriate departments and Colleges)
  • Receive our Economy Return Airfare offer*
  • Enhance your job prospects and broaden your horizons.

HOW UC MADE RACHEL’S PARISIAN DREAM COME TRUE

Rachel Liao is excited to be embarking on the experience of a lifetime as she prepares to study at Science Po Paris, thanks to the UC Student Exchange Programme.

“I’m stoked to be living in France. Learning French has been a passion of mine since high school and my high school trip to France in 2015 really motivated me to keep going with the language. I have been itching to go back!” Rachel told us.

Sciences Po is an international research university, ranking among the finest institutions in the fields of humanities and social sciences.

And, as Rachel explains, “it’s also one of the top Political Science universities in the world.”

Which for a political science major like herself, is an incredible opportunity.

“From areas of study to ways of teaching, Science Po’s courses differ widely to what’s available at UC, and I’m particularly looking forward to a methodology workshop on Diplomacy and International Negotiations this semester.”

In addition to her studies, Rachel is eager to immerse herself in the French culture, spend time exploring another part of the world and taking her language skills to the next level.

Rachel sees her exchange as a great opportunity to both finish her undergrad degree, and get her OE experience. It also gives her the chance to diversify her degree by experiencing a global perspective on her studies.

And the free return airfares UC offers to eligible students didn’t hurt either.

“While I’ve always wanted to go to back to France, the UC Student Exchange programme made the decision much easier and the financial and institutional support I could receive as an exchange student was really appealing to me.”

Rachel will depart New Zealand in late August, ready to begin her two semester stint at Sciences Po in early September 2018. Keep an eye out for more on Rachel’s Parisian exchange experience during her student takeover of the ucnz Instagram account, later this year.

If you’ve been wanting to see more of the world then the UC Student Exchange programme, with over 60 partner universities worldwide, could be just what you’re looking for.

To find out how you can apply for Semester Two 2019, follow this link>